Thursday, March 29, 2007

Let's go out for ice cream

Here is a little story of your sister that may brighten your day.
If Stephanie is anything like Kerri about going to the doctor, maybe you should try this. It worked for me. A while back Kerri had been sick for several weeks and wouldn't go to the doctor. She also wouldn't let me make an appointment for her. I guess working with them every day left her with a less than confident attitude or maybe she just got it from her dad, or something like that... Anyway, one day I got tired of hearing her complaining and not willing to go in to the doctor. I had to take matters into my own hands, since I know how the Maughan's love popcorn and ice cream, I told her maybe she would feel better if I took her out for ice cream at the drive through at Dairy Queen. And the fresh air would be good along with a change of scenery. So, I got her into the car and drove directly to the local Evening Medical Clinic, took the keys out of the ignition and said, "As soon as you get out of the car and see the doctor, you can go and get some ice cream." At first she told me to go to h@#$, but I got out of the car with the keys and told her I was going to walk home with the keys if she didn't go in. Needless to say, she finally saw the doctor and is living proof that sometimes it is necessary to have an alternative agenda before getting ice cream. So, Nicholls family, if Stephanie hasn't seen a doctor already....maybe you should just take her out for some ice cream. It worked for me. Hope Stephanie gets feeling better quick. Hope this little ditty made you smile at the crazy things a husband will do for the one he loves. Thinking of you guys.

Craig & Kerri

No comments: